Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's finally here! :D




I’m Almost There

Chapter One


Little Elaine Taylor was an angel in disguise. Though her life was hard she would never take what she had for granted. Her life wasn’t hard to start out with actually it was quite perfect in Elaine’s big beautiful blue eyes. Before they moved here to Idaho they lived in London, England. They all have an English accent except for Elaine’s father.  She lived on a farm with her father and her mother. She was an only child. The farm was her playground, until people destroyed it.
“Where’s my little angel?”
“Oh papa I’m here, I’m here. Can we milk the cows today? Oh how I love to milk the cows. It’s my favorite chore! I like all of them though.
“Hello my dear.” Elaine’s father said as he set her on his shoulder. “ Of course we can milk the cows. It wouldn’t be the same if you weren’t here to help me.”
“Oh I wouldn’t miss it for the whole wide world daddy.”
“Alright let’s-
“Elaine put on a coat it’s December for crying out loud!”
“Yes mama. I’ll be back in a moment papa.” Elaine said as she wriggled down from her father’s shoulder.
“Alright Elaine I’ll be in the barn.”
When Elaine ran up to her front door she noticed a beautifully wrapped present sitting on her doorstep next to her feet. She tried to find a tag on it but there was none. Oh I’ll just leave it there mama can find it later. She thought to herself.
“Good girl.” Mrs. Taylor said as Elaine ran to the barn dressed in her warm winters coat.
Even though it was winter there wasn’t a single speck of snow on the ground.
“Papa I’m ready! Papa? Are you here?”
Boo!” Mr. Taylor yelled as he jumped out from behind a cow.
He scooped up Elaine as she giggled in the most delightful way a child could ever giggle.
“Can we go check on Speckles?”
“Sure why not.”
Speckle was Elaine’s cow. She was only a few months old. Elaine  loved that cow almost more than anything. If anything happened to speckles, Elaine would just fall apart. When they went in to check on speckles and his mom, speckles walked up to Elaine and lay down at her feet. Elaine giggled in delight as she knelt down next to her.
“I think she’s really warming up to you.”
“ Me too!”
“She’s a great cow.”
“Yes she is. Can we milk her mom right now?”
“How about I milk her mom while you play with Speckles. Does that sound good?”
“Perfect!”


Elaine Ran around the field with speckles until she got tired. When she did Speckles and her lay down in the weeds.
“I’m almost done milking the cows.”
“Coming.”
Elaine ran inside with Speckles. She led Speckles to his mom and then ran off to help her dad with the cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment